After long CAD development based on 3D scan of OEM subframe, tested with CAD FEA (Finite element method) and road going tests you can now buy brand subframe for front of your Audi/VW/SEAT/Skoda cars based on PQ35 platform. List of cars bellow.
Using same T45 tubing as in WRC cars, our subframes provide increased stiffness and mass reduction. All factory parts bolt up to this unit, no other modifications are necessary.
– can be used with our lowered tubular adjustable front wishbones
– 6 kg (13 lbs), it is 4 kg (8.8 lbs) saving over OEM subframe. It is 40% savings !
– one mounting subframe position, eliminates subframe shifting under the car. No need for subframe locking kit/deadset collar kit (weight savings).
– increases chassis rigidity for improved handling performance. No need for additional lower bar/member brace (weight savings)
– polyurethane dogbone mount, significantly reduces engine pitching back and forwards essential for performance driving, no need for additional dog bone insert or aftermarket mount
– better access to car under body and enables wishbones change with out subframe removal
– T45 (BS4T45 to BS4T100) tubing imported from UK and S355 metal sheets
– all components TIG welded
– delivered painted (powder coated) black or on special order (+50 euro) any RAL color
– can be used with OEM wishbones
– mounts to the OEM car body and no other modifications are needed to fit the subframe
– includes two xenon lights mounts
– can be used with OEM undertray
– can be used with OEM or aftermarket dogbone support (mounts)
What is included:
– front subframe painted with black polyurethane dogbone mount
Used in PQ35 platform cars (Type numbers in brackets):
Audi A3/S3 Mk2 (8P) (2004-2013)
Audi RS3 (8P) (2011-2013)
Volkswagen Golf Mk5 (1K) (2003-2007) / Gti / R32
Volkswagen Golf Mk6 (5K) (2008-2014) / GTI / R32
Volkswagen Scirocco (13) (2009–2017)
Volkswagen Jetta Mk6 (1K) (2006-2011)
Volkswagen Touran (1T) (2003-2015)
Volkswagen Caddy (2K) (2004-2017)
SEAT Altea (5P) (2007-2015)
Skoda Octavia Mk2 (1Z) (2004-2013)
Volkswagen Golf Plus (5M) (2008-2014)
SEAT Toledo Mk3 (5P) (2005-2009)
Volkswagen Jetta Mk5 (1K) (2006-2011)
SEAT León Mk2 (1P) (2006-2013)
Skoda Yeti (5L) (2010-2013)
Skoda Superb (2008-2013)
Volkswagen Beetle (A5) (16) (20012-2017)
Volkswagen Eos (2009-2016)
Subframe now is made for both LHD and RHD cars !
T45 is a very unique seamless carbon based steel tube that has been used in many applications in different industries. It is stronger than Co-Mo 4130 tubing that also used in motorsport. It is widely used in the aerospace sector in equipment such as pilot’s seats and crew’s seats due to the materials ability to withstand high G forces without snapping or splitting. This material is a Carbon Manganese based and conforms to the full Aerospace Specification laid down by British Standards.
Tensile: 700 – 900MPa,
0.2% Yield 620MPa minimum
Hardness Test: 201min – 262 max HB or 210min – 275max HV.
– 1K0199313AL / 1K0 199 313AL
WAS-550 – Install instructions
Notice: Sold for off road, track and racing applications only. Installation of this product will introduce some additional NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) transfer into the cabin. We strongly advice to mount the subframe in qualified and experienced workshop that would know what are doing.
Must use newer Gen3 steering rack. See picture bellow. Old rack was mounted in some cars prior 2008.