When using the car on the track the cornering forces are bending the rubber in the wishbones. Thus changing the desired geometry of the car. This can lead to slower track times and ineffective tire usage.
For that reason we have come up with uniball control arms. Our race wishbones use metal to metal uniball just like used in Porsche RS line (GT2RS, GT3RS). Tested intensively on our Track Audi TTRS.
Most of the cars used on track are lowered compared to stock. Lowering the car has the undesirable effect of moving the chassis lower than the balljoint and excessive lowering results in the situation where the wishbone is pointing upwards at the wheel end.
This means you need more steering lock when cornering, the car is sluggish to respond and doesn’t feel as communicative. More pictures with additional information bellow.
We are using same T45 tubing as in WRC cars, our wishbones provide increased stiffness and extra adjustment. All factory parts bolt up to this unit, no other modifications are necessary.
This version can only be used with our front tubular subframes.
– Adjustment both caster and camber (up to -4.5 degrees)
– no rubber to bend, you will not loose the geometry set when doing aliment
– corrected bump steer
– works ONLY with our tubular subframe (WAS-560). For standard subframe use this product.
– enables removal of the wishbones with out the need for removal of the subframe
– CNC machined 7075 aluminium insert and anodized in silver
– T45 (BS4T45 to BS4T100) tubing imported from UK and S355 metal sheets
– proven motorsport M18 uniballs (the same type we use in our Lancer EVO X kits)
– plug and play to use with the car inc xenon sensors
What is included:
– two (pair) front tubular wishbones (control arms) with all hardware for install
– two (pair) CNC billet 7075 aluminium wishbone arm mounts
– set of spacers to reposition the steering rack and front anit-roll bar. Both 20 mm up. See picture bellow.
– four rubber caps for uniball protection